- You receive an autocad drawing. You open the file and attempt to change or match a hatch pattern. You receive an error reading hatch pattern.
- List the hatch to find out name of the missing pattern.
- Search for this pattern. In the example in the video below, I was able to find the pattern in a modified acad.pat file on a designers computer (c:drive).
- Create a text file with the name that is the same as the missing pattern (case sensitive).
- Paste the missing pattern into this file and save to a folder within the AutoCAD Support file search path.