- Create a new VBA project...I called mine MakeKeyLayers.dvb.
- Select your new project in the Project explorer window and rename it...I called mine CreateLayersbyKey
- Add the following reference files (for ADT 2005) by clicking "tools" then "references" from the menubar in the VBA editor. You will need to add: AEC Base 4.5 Application Library, AEC Base 4.5 Object Library, AEC Architectural 4.5 Application Library, and AEC Architectural 4.5 Object Library.
- Note: if you are running ADT 2004 the libraries have 4.0 instead of 4.5 in the name, ADT 3.3? 3.0 instead., ADT 2006? Not sure, I haven't loaded it yet. I'm sure someone will chime in.
- Download listing #1 by clicking here.
- Right click in your project explorer window and choose "import file."
- Save your file or download mine and run it.
Add this routine to your startup suite or write a little lisp loader so that it is always loaded and available. Hope this saves you some steps!